WORKSHOPS FOR CHILDREN
'Little Farmhouse Harvest' Workshops for Children
Your child will love our ‘Little Farmhouse Harvest’, workshops for children.
We invite your child to experience hands on what it takes to get the food to the fork. An interactive day filled with veggie gardens, fruit trees, nursery animals, and a day of eating real food with other likeminded children. Give your child the chance to have a day out on a safe farm and learn how to get back to basics.
Children can be so disconnected to their food, we offer your child a chance to visit a productive small scale farm to see how seasonal, local and ethical food is produced.
Pending on the season, your children will learn how to:
- Milk the house cows and make value added products; such as butter and cheese.
- Hand feed nursery animals and collect fresh farm eggs
- Cuddle the chooks and day old chicks whilst learning to care for them.
- Walk through the paddocks with our heritage pigs, and sheep, learning how to care for pasture raised animals.
- Forage in the garden. A true sensory experience; children have the opportunity to stroll through our garden plots, tasting and smelling the veggies and herbs growing. We discuss what we can do with the real food grown here on-farm and harvest; then learn what to do with the abundance!
- Cook and eat a simple yet tasty lunch with produce grown here on-farm or locally sourced.
Paddock to Potager encourages safe, sanitized visits to the farm.
We have an active role in participating with the children to nurture and further children’s learnings and discoveries.
Paddock To Potager staff hold first aid certificates, blue cards and experience with children.